GREAT FALLS - A Great Falls family managed to escape a house fire on Wednesday evening.
The fire was reported between 4 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. at a house on 41st Street South near 4th Avenue.
The family of six noticed the fire in the basement and safely evacuated.
The fire was confined to a bedroom in the basement, with a little extension to the first floor.
Great Falls Fire Rescue had the fire extinguished within about 30 minutes, and then began ventilation and mop-up.
The family's pet cat also escaped without injury.
Dirk Johnson of Great Falls Fire Rescue says the fire was accidental. it was a lit candle that spread to drapes in the house.
Johnson says there was a lot of damage, possibly up to $100,000, but doesn’t know if it was deemed unliveable or if they will be back in.
Johnson says the family was renting the house.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
© KTVQ.com 2018, KTVQ.com
A CORDILLERA COMMUNICATIONS Station
All rights reserved